Introducing the NEW Helmsman Trawlers® 31 Sedan!
Helmsman Trawlers® is now building a modernized and redesigned version of the venerable Camano 31.
Things we loved about the original Camano 31 and retained in this NEW addition to the Helmsman Trawlers® line:
- The unique Bob Warman hull which achieves excellent stability and economy, and performs well through a wide range of cruising speeds up to 15 knots.
- Salty and purposeful lines.
- Sturdy, long-lasting construction methods.
- Interior volume – an impressive amount of living space in a compact trawler.
- Unequalled all-around visibility from the helm.
- Ease of handling in close quarters.
- Spacious bridgedeck and flybridge, with three pedestal seats.
- A real engineroom, with excellent engine access.
Things we changed:
- Replaced vee-berth with a luxurious private stateroom featuring a pedestal berth and plenty of storage.
- Added a separate shower compartment.
- Increased salon headroom.
- Moved galley up to the salon level and increased refrigerator/freezer size. Added much more galley storage.
- Added a fixed lower helm seat AND a separate companion seat.
- Greatly upgraded the interior design, fit and finish to yacht standards. Generous use of real teak and teak
veneers protected by many coats of fine brush-applied hand-rubbed varnish.
- Increased size of holding tank.
- Added a hinged arch designed for radome and sat dome mounting.
- Designed an optional cockpit hardtop.
- Improved bridgedeck and side deck drainage.
- Increased size of stateroom overhead hatch to enable alternative access to the foredeck.
- Added a foredeck hatch for the anchor chain locker and fender and line storage.
- Substituted a sliding aft cabin door to preserve usable cockpit space.
- Modernized window lines and appearance. Added an opening center windshield window.
As if these changes aren’t exciting enough propulsion is the new Hyundai Seasall S270 V-6 electronically-controlled common-rail 3.0 litre diesel (specially configured by Hyundai for Helmsman Trawlers in a 240 hp commercial-duty rating) providing remarkably smooth and quiet power. Though not a familiar engine – yet – this machine is beautifully-designed and built for easy service. Available in Europe for years, Seasall has earned an outstanding reputation for performance and reliability.
Helmsman Trawlers® are built by expert crafts men and women using top-quality materials and proven, brand name equipment. Compare our joinery, interior finishing, structural fiberglass and gel coat work, stainless steel fabrication and polishing, and electrical and mechanical installations with any of the very best yacht builders and you’ll be impressed.